Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Flight

I love flying, I am deathly afraid of heights but flying is just amazing. Well I take that back, the takeoff and landing are great but that's about it. I feel like they make you go through the first class area on purpose to show you what flight should be like if the airlines had to compete for customers instead of just herding them like cattle.

Why is there not Wifi, TVs and electrical outlets on planes? Its possible, Air-Canada does it all, but not Lufthansa they reserve the only one of the three TV for their high paying customers. Why don't they provide it? Because they don't have to compete for your business, international makes it so a company like Air Canada or Jet Blue who are brining functionality to the common man can not operate outside of their home country except if they make a stop in their home country. That stop either makes the cost go up enormously or it adds hours to the flight time. If they deregulated the industry companies like Lufthansa would have to catch up or would be marginalized/bought out/etc.

Now don't get me wrong the flight was fine, I read, I had an alright meal, and as many free drinks as I could have but it could have been better waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy better if the flight industry was deregulated.

No comments: